The Rock School for Dance Education
The Royal Ballet School
American Ballet Theatre (summer program)
Vaganova Academy (summer program)
San Francisco Ballet
Joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in 2013
Promoted to soloist in 2017
Promoted to principal dancer in 2019
Promoted to principal dancer in 2018
Don Quixote (Gitano Leader)
The Fifth Season
Giselle (Peasant pas de cinq)
Nutcracker (Dancing Nutcracker, Spanish, Chinese, and Russian)
On a Theme of Paganini
The Sleeping Beauty (Pas de Six/Cavaliers and Bluebird)
Swan Lake (Act I pas de trois, Neapolitan, and Peasants)
Prodigal Son (Son)
Stravinsky Violin Concerto
Theme and Variations
Tarantella (pas de deux)
Suite en Blanc (pas de cinq)
hans van Manen
Your Flesh Shall Be a Great Poem (originated)
The Little Mermaid (Naval Officer)
Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes (Three soloist men)
Optimistic Tragedy (Two Sailors)
The Rite of Spring
“… two united in a single soul…” (Narcissus)
From Foreign Lands (Italian, Spanish, and Hungarian)
Symphony #9 and Chamber Symphony in Shostakovich Trilogy
LET’S BEGIN AT THE END (originated)
Fancy Free (Sailor)
Die Toteninsel (originated)
Fearful Symmetries (originated)
Frankenstein (Henry Clerval)
Ghost in the Machine (originated)
Cinderella (Autumn and Courtiers)
- Received the Latino Spirit Award from the California Latino Legislative Caucus for achievements in the performing arts, Sacramento, California, 2016.
- Named one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Mexico, 2016.
- Received the Jerome Robbins Foundation Award and gold medals at Youth America Grand Prix.
- Performed at Gala Despertares; produced by Soul Arts Productions, owned by Esteban and his brother, Isaac Hernandez, Mexico City, 2018.
- Danced Helgi Tomasson’s Concerto Grosso at the Fall for Dance Festival at New York City Center, 2017.
- Performed at the Expresiones Gala, Guadalahara, Mexico, 2017.
- Performed at Gala Despertares; produced by Soul Arts Productions, owned by Esteban and his brother, Isaac Hernandez, Guadalahara, Mexico, 2016.
What has been your proudest moment as a dancer? Why?
My brother Isaac and I organized a gala back in my hometown of Guadalajara—sharing the stage with my brother and my friends there was the most amazing feeling.
If I weren't a dancer I'd be...
A concert pianist. Playing Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 is a dream of mine.
I love San Francisco because…
There is a great variety and mix of different cultures, and there’s something for everybody.