Pronouns/ Social Media
The Rock School for Dance Education
The Royal Ballet School
American Ballet Theatre (summer program)
Vaganova Academy (summer program)
San Francisco Ballet
Joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in 2013
Promoted to soloist in 2017
Promoted to principal dancer in 2019
Don Quixote (Gitano Leader)
The Fifth Season
Giselle (Peasant pas de cinq)
Nutcracker (Dancing Nutcracker, Nutcracker Prince, Grand Pas de Deux, Spanish, Chinese, and Russian)
On a Theme of Paganini
Romeo & Juliet (Mercutio)
The Sleeping Beauty (Pas de Six/Cavaliers and Bluebird)
Swan Lake (Act I pas de trois, Neapolitan, and Peasants)
A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Puck and Oberon)
Prodigal Son (Son)
Stravinsky Violin Concerto
Theme and Variations
Tarantella (Pas de deux)
From Siberia to Moscow (Jockey Dance)La Sylphide (Gurn)
Blake Works I
Etudes (excerpt) (tour)
Suite en Blanc (Pas de cinq)
Your Flesh Shall Be a Great Poem (originated)
The Big Hunger (originated; Principal)
Sandpaper Ballet (Trumpeter)
The Little Mermaid (Naval Officer)
Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes (3 soloist men)
Optimistic Tragedy (Two Sailors)
The Rite of Spring
“… two united in a single soul…” (Narcissus)
From Foreign Lands (Italian, Spanish, and Hungarian)
Symphony #9 and Chamber Symphony in Shostakovich Trilogy
The Seasons (The Faun)
LET’S BEGIN AT THE END (originated)The Promised Land (originated principal)
Fancy Free (Sailor)
Die Toteninsel (originated)
Fearful Symmetries (originated)
Frankenstein (Henry Clerval)
Ghost in the Machine (originated)
Cinderella (Benjamin, Autumn, and Courtiers)
Finale Finale (originated principal)
- Received the Latino Spirit Award from the California Latino Legislative Caucus for achievements in the performing arts, Sacramento, California, May 2016.
- Named one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Mexico.
- Received the Jerome Robbins Foundation Award and gold medals at Youth America Grand Prix.
- Performed at Gala Despertares in Mexico City in August 2018, produced by Soul Arts Productions, owned by Esteban and his brother, Isaac Hernandez.
- Danced Tomasson’s Concerto Grosso at Fall for Dance at New York City Center in October 2017.
- Performed at the Expresiones Gala in Guadalahara, Mexico, in November 2017.
- Performed at Gala Despertares in Guadalahara, Mexico, in July 2016, produced by Soul Arts Productions, owned by Esteban and his brother, Isaac Hernandez.
- Performed the first pas de deluxe of ‘In the Night! At the København Solo Danser, in Copenhagen, Denmark. Also originated the pas de deux ‘Starry Night’ by Myles Thatcher with Ulrik Birkkjaer.
What has been your proudest moment as a dancer? Why?
My brother Isaac and I organized a gala back in my hometown of Guadalajara—sharing the stage with my brother and my friends there was the most amazing feeling.
Do you identify with a particular community you would like to share?
If I weren't a dancer I'd be...
A concert pianist. Playing Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 is a dream of mine.
I love San Francisco because…
There is a great variety and mix of different cultures, and there’s something for everybody.
What inspired you to keep dancing during the COVID-19 lockdown?
Dance was a form of therapy during the COVID 19 lockdown for me. I also felt like it was an opportunity to go back to the basics, to unlearn, relearn and remember why we dance. I couldn’t wait to share what I learned in that time with our audience.