HERBERT FAMILY PRINCIPAL DANCER
Goh Ballet Academy
SAN FRANCISCO BALLET
Joined as a member of the corps de ballet in 2001
Promoted to soloist in 2005
Promoted to principal dancer in 2009
Appointed Herbert Family Principal Dancer in 2018
7 for Eight
Chaconne for Piano and Two Dancers
Don Quixote (Kitri, Kitri’s Friends, and Queen of the Driads)
The Fifth Season
Giselle (Giselle, Myrtha, Peasant pas de cinq, and Solo Wili)
Nutcracker (Queen of the Snow, Snowflakes, Sugar Plum Fairy, Spanish, Flowers, and Grand Pas de Deux Ballerina)
On a Theme of Paganini
Prism (pas de trois)
Le Quattro Stagioni
Romeo & Juliet (Acrobats)
The Sleeping Beauty (Aurora, Pas de Six, and Enchanted Princess/Bluebird Pas de deux)
Swan Lake (Odette/Odile, Neapolitan, Act 1 pas de trois, Russian Princess, and Czardas)
Agon (Pas de trois)
Ballo della Regina
Divertimento No. 15 (Allegro – Ballerina)
The Four Temperaments (Sanguinic)
Serenade (Russian Girl and Angel)
Stars and Stripes
Symphony in C
Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux
Theme and Variations
Children of Chaos (Pas de Deux)
The Dance House
Ibsen’s House (Hedda Gabler in “Hedda Gabler”)
in the middle, somewhat elevated
Pas/Parts 2016 (originated)
The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude
The Ruins Proclaim the Building Was Beautiful (originated)
Terra Firma (“Purple”)
natalia Makarova after marius Petipa
La Bayadère, Act II (Nikiya and 3rd Solo Shade in “The Kingdom of the Shades”)
Paquita (demi-soloist and pas de trois)
hans van Manen
Variations for Two Couples
The Chairman Dances—Quartet for Two
Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes
Raymonda—Act III (Raymonda)
Guide to Strange Places
In the Countenance of Kings (originated role of Electress)
Diving into the Lilacs
Francesca da Rimini (Francesca)
Le Carnaval des Animaux (Turtle)
From Foreign Lands
Russian Seasons (Violet Woman)
Piano Concerto #1 in Shostakovich Trilogy
LET’S BEGIN AT THE END (originated)
Dances at a Gathering (Yellow)
The Energy Between Us
Fearful Symmetries (originated)
Frankenstein (Elizabeth Lavenza)
Ghost in the Machine
Flames of Paris (Pas de Deux)
Carousel (A Dance)
Cinderella (Cinderella and Stepsister Clementine)
Within the Golden Hour
- Danced Black Swan Pas de Deux from Swan Lake with Tiit Helimets at Fête des Beaux Arts, Allen Civic Ballet, Allen, Texas, 2015.
- Received the Isadora Duncan Award for Outstanding Achievement in Performance (Individual) for San Francisco Ballet's 2013 Repertory Season.
- Finalist at the Helsinki International Competition, 2001.
- Awarded silver medal (no gold medal awarded) at the Adeline Genée Awards, London, 2000.
- Finalist and prizewinner at the Prix de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2000.
- Awarded 3rd place with partner Nozomi Haga at the Japan National Pas de Deux Competition, 1999.
- Danced Stanton Welch’s Swan Lake at Houston Ballet, 2018.
- Performed Robert Binet’s Children of Chaos at the Fall for Dance North Festival, Toronto, 2017.
- Performed at the International Ballet Gala for the 80th anniversary of Palacio de Bellas Artes, Mexico City, 2014.
- Performed Don Quixote at Paras Los Niños Bellas Artes Gala, Los Angeles, 2011.
- Performed with M & Company, Germany, 2010.
- Performed in the Noosa Long Weekend Festival as part of the International Stars of Ballet, Noosa, Australia, 2010.
- Performed Flames of Paris and Baba on tour with M & Company, Germany and Poland, 2009.
- Performed Diana and Acteon Pas de Deux at Tanzgala 2008, Augsburg, Germany, 2008.
- Performed Diana and Acteon Pas de Deux at Les Etoiles de Ballet 2000, Cannes, France, 2007.
- Danced the 3rd act of Don Quixote and Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux at the Spoleto Festival, Spoleto, Italy, 2006.
I love San Francisco because...
It's the birthplace of my career, my marriage, and my lifelong friendships...the food here is also exceptional.
What's your perfect day?
Going to Ocean Beach with my husband, John, and my Chihuahua, Iggy.
What can always make you laugh