COVID SAFETY POLICIES
COVID-19 POLICIES FOR THE 2023 SEASON
Updated December 1, 2022: SF Ballet cares about the health and safety of our audiences, artists, and staff. In adherence with requirements contained in federal, state, and local health orders, the War Memorial Opera House does not require patrons to wear masks while in the venue. However, the Opera House and San Francisco Ballet strongly encourage mask-wearing by all patrons to protect themselves and others. We also encourage anyone to stay home if they aren’t feeling well or are experiencing COVID symptoms. https://sfwarmemorial.org/covid-information. SF Ballet will continue to work with the city and performance venues to update our policies based on their recommendations.
For events and/or performances outside of the War Memorial Opera House, SF Ballet will update patrons on COVID protocols via email and here on the Safety page.
The following changes have been and will continue to be at the Opera House:
- War Memorial Opera House ventilation systems have been evaluated and are operating within current ASHRAE COVID-19 recommendations, including MERV-13 or better filters, and increased outside air.
- Facilities will be cleaned daily, and we have hired additional cleaning staff. High-touch surfaces will be sanitized between performances.
- There will be multiple hand sanitizer stations positioned on each level of the Opera House.
- All of our front-of-house and backstage employees will follow rigorous safety protocols.
- Patrons will need to purchase tickets in advance of the performance. During the performance, patrons need to remain in their assigned seats and not move to other seats.
- Audience members who fail to follow the front-of-house safety protocols will be asked to leave the performance venue.