SUPPORT SF BALLET IN AN EASY AND MEANINGFUL WAY
Announcing an exciting milestone for the partnership between SF Ballet and The RealReal
Last summer, San Francisco Ballet launched a first-of-its-kind partnership with The RealReal. Through the donation of clothing, accessories, and household items from our loyal supports, we have raised more than $10,000 in commissions for SF Ballet!
Additionally, this partnership has had a positive environmental impact, saving more than 4K gallons of water and 128 kilograms of carbon.
But we’re not done yet!
Every day brings new hope about the day we will all return to the Opera House to again witness the beauty of San Francisco Ballet. While we wait for that day, this is another way to support our organization – while also giving your closet a refresh!
SF Ballet’s partnership with The RealReal turns items in your closet and home into monetary support for SF Ballet during this challenging time.
Through this partnership, SF Ballet will receive up to 70% of the proceeds from sales of your items, which can be a tax deduction for you.
The RealReal will accept brands on their current designer list that are in very good to pristine condition. Items should be clean and not have any visible damage, extreme wear, or major alterations. Additionally, they will accept watches, jewelry, shoes, accessories, art, and home goods.
This spring, why not clean out your closet and support SF Ballet?
To make this experience as seamless as possible, you can make a virtual appointment with the Lead Luxury Manager for The RealReal’s White Glove Team, Julianne Castro.
Julianne has been with the company for four years and is an expert in all things luxury. As a classically trained dancer herself who grew up in the Bay Area, SF Ballet has always been close to her heart.
How it works:
- Email Julianne Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a virtual appointment. Julianne will review your items via FaceTime and help determine which of your items are a good fit for their platform and which will fetch the highest prices through consignment.
- Be sure to specify that the proceeds from your sale are to benefit SF Ballet. This will ensure funds are given directly to SF Ballet.
- Make sure your items have been dry cleaned and are ready for sale, as no items will be accepted unless they have been cleaned.
- Coordinate a touch-free curbside pickup of the items (if you are located in the Bay Area) or use pre-paid packaging from The RealReal to ship your items. Items will be brought to The RealReal warehouse for final evaluation and preparation for sale on the website.
- If an item is deemed not acceptable for sale, it will be returned to you.
- After items have sold on the website, you will receive a donation acknowledgment from SF Ballet for your records. Acknowledgments will be sent monthly.
“I was excited to participate by making a donation to San Francisco Ballet through the partnership with The RealReal. It was a seamless process, that offered a great way to give back to our beloved San Francisco Ballet. The virtual appointment and curbside pick-up were easy and contactless.
I was thrilled that it simultaneously provided a great way to clean closets, recycle, and make a financial contribution to the organization.”
– Michelle Gilman Jasen
SF Ballet Auxiliary President.