2020–21 SCHOOL YEAR AUDITIONS
Is San Francisco Ballet School your first-choice school for training next school year? Are you ready to take charge of your future and commit to making this move? Highly qualified candidates, ages 14–18, can now apply for the school year program and not wait for the summer session to receive your acceptance.
Students ages 14–18 will be considered for the intermediate/advanced levels for the 2020–21 School Year. Students will also enroll in the 2020 Summer Session. Advanced/Pre-Professional students will be considered for the Trainee Program, which will take place July 2020–June 2021.
2020–21 School Year Audition Timeline
- Pre-selection video due dates – video will be due 15 days prior to your preferred live audition date.
- New York – Saturday, January 4
- London – Sunday, January 26
- San Francisco – Friday, February 7
- Students will be notified of their pre-selection video results within three weeks of their video submission.
- A $20 audition fee will be charged when submitting your pre-selection video
- Pre-selected students will be invited to attend a live audition at the site of their choice.
- New York City – Sunday, January 19
- London, UK – Monday, February 10
- San Francisco – Saturday, February 22
- Receive confirmation of your acceptance and enroll in March for Summer Session and the School Year.
Who is SF Ballet School looking for?
School Director, Patrick Armand is looking for students who are passionate for the art form and motivated to peruse intense training towards a career in classical ballet.
- Intermediate and advanced level ballet students who are ready to take the next step in their training towards a professional career in ballet
- Students who have significantly researched ballet schools should be confident that SF Ballet School is their top choice.
Students ages 8–13
Auditions generally take place each spring for the following school year. Due to the spread of COVID-19, the Spring 2020 auditions will be postponed until we can safely return to the studios. Please check back here and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates.