Raise a Glass to Program 02
Grab a Drink and Have a #BalletNightIn
Join us in raising a glass to the three distinctive ballet on Program 02, now streaming through March 03, with custom cocktails. Share photos of your #BalletNightIn drinks and tag @SFBallet on our social channels. Cheers!
LET’S BEGIN AT THE END: Whiskey Sour
1 1/2 oz bourbon
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons superfine sugar
1 cup crushed ice
Garnish with 1 orange slice and 1 maraschino cherry
- In a blender, combine the bourbon, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, and crushed ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a sour glass. Garnish with orange and cherry, ideally skewered on a plastic sword toothpick.
COLORFORMS: Tequila Sunrise
1 1/2 oz (3 parts) Tequila
1/2 oz (1 part) Grenadine syrup
3 oz (6 parts) Orange juice
- Pour the tequila and orange juice into glass over ice.
- Add the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom. Do not stir.
- Garnish (a standard garnish is a cherry or an orange slice) and serve on the rocks (poured over ice) in a Collins glass.
Sandpaper Ballet: Chill-Out Honeydew Cucumber Slushy
Ingredients (6 servings):
4 cups honeydew (from about 1 small), rind removed, flesh cut into 1” pieces, frozen
2½ cups coconut water
⅓ cup mint leaves
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ tsp. kosher salt
6 oz. English hothouse cucumber (about ½ cucumber), peeled, cut into 1” pieces, plus more sliced for garnish
- Blend honeydew, coconut water, mint, lime juice, salt, 6 oz. cucumber, and 2 cups ice in a blender until smooth. Divide among glasses, then garnish with cucumber slices.
- Do Ahead: Slushy can be made 1 hour ahead. Store in blender jar in freezer, then reblend on high speed to reincorporate.
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appétit
Header Image: San Francisco Ballet Nutcracker VIP Box Experience // © Chris Hardy