Books, Wine, and Ballet? I’m in.
Ever wondered about the literature behind the ballets? Or wanted an excuse to delve a little deeper into everyone’s favorite story ballets? Join SF Ballet’s Audience Engagement team for a chance to do exactly that: read the story, compare it to the ballet, and, of course, have a glass of wine.
What’s in store?
- Once you sign up, we’ll send you the story in a PDF or web link. Don’t worry, nothing’s too long, and if you don’t get around to reading it? Well, that’s pretty standard book club participation. We’ll get you caught up.
- During the event, we’ll take a look at parts of the story (and give you handouts!), and then look at parts of the ballet (on video!) that match up.
- Then you get to do the talking. What’s the same? What’s different? And did reading the book make you love the ballet more?
- Of course, none of that’s complete without a glass of wine in hand. It is a book club after all!
- January 25: Cinderella
- March 7: A Midsummer Night’s Dream – SOLD OUT
- May 9: Romeo & Juliet
Time: 5:00–6:30 PM
Location: Dollar Board Room, 455 Franklin Street, San Francisco
Cost: $25 General admission