BOOKS AND BALLET? I’M IN.
Ever wondered about the literature behind the ballets? Or wanted an excuse to delve a little deeper into everyone’s favorite story ballets? Join SF Ballet’s Audience Engagement team for a chance to do exactly that and take a deep dive into the literature behind the ballet.
What’s in store?
- After you sign up for the Don Quixote book club on February 28, we will send you the novel to read in a PDF or web link.
- Don’t worry, nothing’s too long, and if you don’t get around to reading it all? Well, that’s pretty standard book club participation. We’ll get you caught up!
- During the event, we’ll take a look at parts of the story and then look at parts of the ballet (on video!) that match up.
- Then you get to do the talking. What’s the same? What’s different? And did reading the book make you love or understand the ballet more?
- Sign up and we’ll send you a Zoom link the morning of the event.
Date: February 28, 2022: Don Quixote
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost: General Admission: $15
Donors and subscribers get these programs for a reduced rate or for free!
Classes go off sale at 10 am the morning of the event and Zoom links will be sent shortly thereafter.
SF Ballet's audience engagement classes are sponsored by the San Francisco Ballet Auxiliary, a philanthropic group of women that works tirelessly to support SF Ballet through volunteering, enhancing visibility, promoting community support, and assisting in fundraising. To learn more, visit SF Ballet Auxiliary.