Books and Ballet? I’m in.
Ever wondered about the literature behind the ballets? Or wanted an excuse to delve a little deeper into everyone’s favorite story ballets? Join SF Ballet’s Audience Engagement team for a chance to do exactly that and take a deep dive into the literature behind the ballet.
What’s in store?
- Sign up and we’ll send you a Zoom link the morning of the event.
- Once you sign up, we’ll send you the story to read in a PDF or web link for A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Romeo and Juliet.
- In advance of "The Swimmer" and Ethan Frome, pick up a copy of the book and give it a read.
- Don’t worry, nothing’s too long, and if you don’t get around to reading it all? Well, that’s pretty standard book club participation. We’ll get you caught up.
- During the event, we’ll take a look at parts of the story and then look at parts of the ballet (on video!) that match up.
- Then you get to do the talking. What’s the same? What’s different? And did reading the book make you love the ballet more?
- January 26, 2021: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- March 9, 2021: The Swimmer
- April 27, 2021: Snowblind / Ethan Frome
- May 11, 2021: Romeo & Juliet
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost: General Admission: $15
Donors and subscribers get these programs for a reduced rate or for free!
Classes go off sale at 10 am the morning of the event and Zoom links will be sent shortly thereafter.