Designed for children ages 6–10 and their families, this richly illustrated storybook features interactive animations and fun facts, photos, and videos about dance, music and San Francisco Ballet’s very special production of the holiday classic.
- “Listen to Story” or “Read it Myself” modes
- Swipe to turn the page
- Playful animations on tap
- Audio clips of score accompany each scene
- Pop-up info pages take users behind the scenes with photos and videos
- Tutorials teach basic ballet positions and simple choreography
- A companion micro-site features more in-depth information about dance, ballet, SF Ballet, and Nutcracker
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support
Illustrations and story by Kate Garchinsky
Narration by Eileen Brady
Design and development by Night Kitchen Interactive
Based on San Francisco Ballet’s Nutcracker with choreography by SF Ballet Artistic Director and Principal Choreographer, Helgi Tomasson, and music by the San Francisco Ballet Orchestra under the direction of Music Director and Principal Conductor, Martin West; soundtrack recording courtesy of Koch CDs.
This holiday season, join us as the lights dim, the music soars, snowflakes swirl, flowers dance, and a little girl dreams about a whole new world in a Nutcracker that is as unique as it is magical. And it's only at SF Ballet.
The Nutcracker Interactive Storybook was made possible by a grant from the James F. Irvine Foundation’s Arts Innovation Fund.