DIGITAL VIEWING TIPS
Welcome to our digital help page!
Below you will find a list of resources on how to view our digital season on your TV.
I WANT TO WATCH YOUR DIGITAL SEASON. HOW DOES IT WORK?
STEP 1: KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR INBOX.
If you are purchasing a program ahead of its run time, you will receive your email from SF Ballet @ Home on the first day of the run. If you are purchasing during the run of the program, you will receive your email immediately.
STEP 2: CLICK THE LINK.
Click on your magic link in your email from SF Ballet @ Home. This link is unique to you and will take you directly to your content on our SF Ballet @ Home Channel. This link is non-transferable and should not be shared with anyone outside of your household.
You can use this link to watch your SF Ballet programming on any day of the run, even if you usually subscribe to a specific night. If you usually subscribe as a household or with another individual, this link is valid for your household and will also work for your guest. If you usually attend SF Ballet with someone from another household and asked Ticket Services to split your account, they will have received their own link.
STEP 3: SET UP A PASSWORD.
You're almost done! Set up a password so you can easily log back in from multiple devices. If you're hoping to watch via one of our SF Ballet @ Home apps, this step will make that process even smoother.
STEP 4: ENJOY!
HOW TO WATCH ON THE SF BALLET @ HOME APP ON YOUR SMART TV OR HANDHELD DEVICE
The SF Ballet @ Home app is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Fire, and Roku.
- Go to your Library on the left.
- Below My List, go to Purchases.
- Under Purchases, select the PPDP.
- Click Start Watching.
- On your TV, search for the SF Ballet @ Home app.
- Download the app.
- Click Open.
- Select Log In.
- Activate your Account.
- On your computer, go to SFBallet.tv and enter the activation code.
- Click Connect Device.
- Go back to your TV and click Start Watching.
- To find the video, navigate to the left of the home screen until you see Search, Explore, Library.
- Go to Library.
- Then go to Purchased.
- Look for the video you want to watch.
- You may decide you no longer want an already-installed app and want to delete it.
- Go to your Home screen and select Settings.
- Then choose Applications, then Manage All Installed Applications.
- Scroll down and select whichever app you want to get rid of, then choose "Delete" or "Uninstall".
- On your TV, go to the App Store.
- Along the top, go to the right to the Search and search for SF Ballet @ Home.
- Click on SF Ballet @ Home.
- Click on Get.
- Enter your personal Apple ID passcode.
- Find the SF Ballet @ Home app at the bottom of your apps list.
- Log in to SF Ballet @ Home.
- On your computer, go to SFBallet.tv and enter the code shown on your TV to activate your account.
- On your TV, go to your Library.
- Find Purchased.
- Begin watching.
APPLE TV plug in
Please make sure your Apple TV is plugged into the TV and powered on.
Check that the TV input is set to the same HDMI input the Apple TV is plugged into.
Then follow the steps above to download the SF Ballet @ Home app to start streaming.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for SF Ballet.
- Download SF Ballet @ Home.
- In the app, go to Library.
- On the top green bar, click on Purchased.
- Click on Premium Plus Digital Package.
- Begin watching.
Note: On newer phones, you can “screen mirror” to your smart TV. It’s an option when you swipe up to the menu from the bottom of the phone.
For detailed instructions for each SF Ballet @ Home app, click on the associated link below:
HOW TO WATCH ON YOUR TV WITHOUT A SMART TV
To get the best quality when viewing on your TV, we recommend connecting your device via an HDMI cable.
Never connected your laptop to your TV before? Click here for an overview of how to get started.
Streaming Device & Cables
Don’t see your streaming device listed? We recommend searching for the user manual on the manufacturer’s website—it will have the most up-to-date information.
Below are troubleshooting steps to take first if you have problems streaming the San Francisco Ballet content on your computer or mobile device. We recommend trying all of these steps (as applicable) to address the most common problems streaming high-quality video and audio content.
- Reset and/or turn off and restart your modem and/or router.
- Move your devices closer to your WiFi router.
- If you are using WiFi, try connecting to the internet with a hard-wired connection.
- Close other applications on your device and disconnect other devices using the same WiFi network.
- For HD video, a download speed of at least 3mpbs is recommended. (Please note, for 1080p, we recommend you have a download speed of 7mpbs.)
- Run a speed test to check your internet speed.
- If you are having problems in one browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari), try a different one.
- To use Chromecast, please make sure you're using Chrome as your browser.
- Clear browser cache and/or close & restart your browser.
- Close other tabs in your browser.
- Ensure you are using the latest updates of your preferred browser.
- Ensure browser zoom is set to 100% (actual size).
- Update your internet browser to the latest version.
- Update your device's operating system (OS) to the latest version.
What are the basic system requirements for accessing San Francisco Ballet digital content?
To watch San Francisco Ballet streaming video content on your computer or mobile device, you must have:
- A broadband internet connection with a recommended minimum download speed of 3 mbps for HD video content.
- A desktop or laptop computer running either Microsoft Windows (XP or higher) or Mac OS X (version 10.6 or later) OR an Apple mobile device running iOS (version 9.2 or later) or Android mobile device running Android (version 4.1 or later.)
- One of the following supported internet browsers: Chrome (version 42 or higher); Firefox (version 37 or higher); Internet Explorer (version 9 or higher); Safari (version 7 or higher). In most cases, we recommend updating your preferred browser to the latest available version to ensure the most reliable and secure experience.
A fast and reliable broadband internet connection is required for San Francisco Ballet. At a minimum, your download speed must be 1.5 mbps. For optimal playback, especially for HD videos, we recommend download speeds of at least 5 mbps. Faster download speeds will ensure a better playback experience on all devices currently supported by San Francisco Ballet.
There are numerous free tools available online to test your internet connection speed, including Speedtest.net.
Please note that many factors determine the download speed available via your internet connection at any given time. Even if an online speed test tool indicates that you have, for example, a download speed of 5 mbps – you may not actually be streaming San Francisco Ballet videos at that speed.
Please refer to the information above to ensure that your computer meets the site's technical requirements, that your internet connection speed is sufficient, and that all other suggestions detailed above have been considered.
Low Streaming Quality?
The quality of the video you are streaming to your device and tv can be affected by many different factors. While we aren’t able to troubleshoot individual situations, we do have a couple of tips.
Check for other devices using the internet. Is someone else streaming a movie or on a video call? Wait until they are done and try again. Each device on your network uses part of your available internet, potentially decreasing the quality of your San Francisco Ballet performance.
Close other tabs. You might have something else open that is using up your bandwidth. Try closing other windows and/or tabs to improve the quality of your stream.
Restart your computer. We know you hear this a lot, but it can help free up space to allow your computer to run faster.
Restart your modem and wireless router. Your router works like a mini-computer and restarting it helps end anything running that may be causing your internet to slow down.
Ask for help! Is there a tech-savvy person in your family? See if they can help you.
Thank you for supporting San Francisco Ballet. We hope you enjoy the performance.
If you have questions relating to your account, please call Patron and Ticket Services at 415-865-2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be happy to help.
Normal phone hours are Mon–Fri 10 am–4 pm. From Jan. 21 hours are Mon–Fri 10 am–8 pm; Sat–Sun noon–8 pm