DIGITAL VIEWING TIPS
Welcome to our digital help page!
Below you will find a list of resources on how to view our digital season on your TV.
To get the best quality when viewing on your TV, we recommend connecting your device via an HDMI cable.
Never connected your laptop to your TV before? Click here for an overview of how to get started.
Nutcracker Online is best experienced with a Chrome browser on a computer, laptop, or iPad.
Top TV Brands
Don’t see your TV brand listed? We recommend searching for the user manual on the manufacturer’s website—it will have the most up-to-date information. (The Samsung Internet browser (all versions) is not supported for live streams. We recommend installing Chrome instead.)
Streaming Device & Cables
Don’t see your streaming device listed? We recommend searching for the user manual on the manufacturer’s website—it will have the most up-to-date information.
Below are troubleshooting steps to take first if you have problems streaming the San Francisco Ballet content on your computer or mobile device. We recommend trying all of these steps (as applicable) to address the most common problems streaming high-quality video and audio content.
- For HD video, a download speed of at least 3mpbs is recommended. (Please note, for 1080p, we recommend you have a download speed of 7mpbs.)
- Run a speed test to check your internet speed.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, try connecting to the internet with a hard-wired connection.
- Close other applications on your device and disconnect other devices using the same WiFi network.
- Reset and/or turn off and restart your modem and/or router.
- Move your devices closer to your WiFi router.
- If you are having problems in one browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari), try a different one.
- Clear browser cache and/or close & restart your browser.
- Close other tabs in your browser.
- Ensure you are using the latest updates of your preferred browser.
- Ensure browser zoom is set to 100% (actual size).
- Update your internet browser to the latest version
- Update your device’s operating system (OS) to the latest version.
What are the basic system requirements for accessing San Francisco Ballet digital content?
To watch San Francisco Ballet streaming video content on your computer or mobile device, you must have:
- A broadband internet connection with a recommended minimum download speed of 3 mbps for HD video content.
- A desktop or laptop computer running either Microsoft Windows (XP or higher) or Mac OS X (version 10.6 or later) OR an Apple mobile device running iOS (version 9.2 or later) or Android mobile device running Android (version 4.1 or later.)
- One of the following supported internet browsers: Chrome (version 42 or higher); Firefox (version 37 or higher); Internet Explorer (version 9 or higher); Safari (version 7 or higher). In most cases, we recommend updating your preferred browser to the latest available version to ensure the most reliable and secure experience.
A fast and reliable broadband internet connection is required for San Francisco Ballet. At a minimum, your download speed must be 1.5 mbps. For optimal playback, especially for HD videos, we recommend download speeds of at least 5 mbps. Faster download speeds will ensure a better playback experience on all devices currently supported by San Francisco Ballet.
There are numerous free tools available online to test your internet connection speed, including Speedtest.net.
Please note that many factors determine the download speed available via your internet connection at any given time. Even if an online speed test tool indicates that you have, for example, a download speed of 5 mbps – you may not actually be streaming San Francisco Ballet videos at that speed.
Please refer to the information above to ensure that your computer meets the site’s technical requirements, that your internet connection speed is sufficient, and that all other suggestions detailed above have been considered.
Low Streaming Quality?
The quality of the video you are streaming to your device and tv can be affected by many different factors. While we aren’t able to troubleshoot individual situations, we do have a couple of tips.
Check for other devices using the internet. Is someone else streaming a movie or on a video call? Wait until they are done and try again. Each device on your network uses part of your available internet, potentially decreasing the quality of your San Francisco Ballet performance.
Close other tabs. You might have something else open that is using up your bandwidth. Try closing other windows and/or tabs to improve the quality of your stream.
Restart your computer. We know you hear this a lot, but it can help free up space to allow your computer to run faster.
Restart your modem and wireless router. Your router works like a mini-computer and restarting it helps end anything running that may be causing your internet to slow down.
Ask for help! Is there a tech-savvy person in your family? See if they can help you.