Corps de Ballet
Kimberly Marie Olivier
New York, New York
Studio Maestro (now Manhattan Youth Ballet)
Miami City Ballet School
San Francisco Ballet School
San Francisco Ballet School Trainee Program
San Francisco Ballet
Named an apprentice in 2009
Joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in 2010
Don Quixote (Seguidilla, Gitana Woman, Driads, and Fandango)
The Fifth Season (Principal)
Giselle (Peasants and Wilis)
Nutcracker (Mrs. Stahlbaum, Party Guests, Snowflakes, Spanish, French, Arabian, and Flowers)
On a Theme of Paganini
Romeo & Juliet (Harlots)
The Sleeping Beauty (Garland Dance, Nymphs, Ladies of the Court, and Polonaise)
Swan Lake (Aristocrats, Peasants, Swan Maidens, Swans, Spanish, and Act 3/4 corps)
Brahms-Schoenberg Quartet (4th movement)
Coppélia (War and Discord soloist and Villagers)
Divertimento No. 15
The Four Temperaments (2nd Theme and Phlegmatic corps)
A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Hippolyta, Titania’s Retinue/Fairies, and Courtiers)
Stars & Stripes (Finale)
Stravinsky Violin Concerto
Symphony in C
Theme and Variations
Ibsen’s House (Ellida Wangel in “Lady from the Sea”)
The Collective Agreement (originated)
Etudes (excerpt) (Ladies in Black and Sylphides)
Suite en Blanc (Sieste and corps)
Makarova after Petipa
La Bayadère, Act II (“The Kingdom of the Shades”)
The Little Mermaid (Wedding Guests, The Sea, and Passengers on the Ship)
Raymonda—Act III (Hungarian)
Guide to Strange Places
Francesca da Rimini
The Rite of Spring
Symphony #9, Chamber Symphony, and Piano Concerto #1 of Shostakovich Trilogy
Cinderella (Spanish Princess, Summer/Generosity corps, Bird Ladies, Courtiers, and Tree Gnomes)
Within the Golden Hour
- Danced in a filmed performance of “Sirens” with ISHIDA dance company, August 2020.
- Danced the role of “Furiosa” in FURY (a CandyBomber Production, choreographed by Danielle Rowe) in Oakland at Tortona Big Top and at San Francisco's Academy of Sciences, September 2019.
- Performed Possokov’s Diving Into the Lilacs (Nelson Mandela’s mother and ensemble) with The Singapore Ballet, 2019.
- Danced Nutcracker Grand Pas de Deux at Agape Dance Academy, Scotts Valley, California, 2017.
- Performed with Black Iris Project in McQueen’s Garden of Dreams, Black Iris (solo), and Madiba (excerpt), The Pocantico Center, Tarrytown, New York, 2017.
- Performed to Pärt’s Spiegel im Spiegel: Solo at Music in May, Santa Cruz, California, 2017.
- Improvised a ballerina role in a Hannibal Buress performance at Comedy Central’s Clusterfest, San Francisco, 2017.
- Danced McQueen’s Madiba at Ballet Across America, Washington, DC, 2017.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COSTUME? WHY?
Gypsy Queen in Don Quixote because I feel like a fierce gypsy—hair down and lots of jewelry? Come on!
WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR PROUDEST MOMENT AS A DANCER? WHY?
Dancing a principal role in Lambarena because of my personal connection to the ballet's African roots.
WHAT CAN ALWAYS MAKE YOU LAUGH?
People making jokes at the funny things we do as humans.