Institut del Teatre (Barcelona)
The Royal Ballet School
San Francisco Ballet
Joined the Company as a principal dancer in 2016
Returned to the Company in 2018
English National Ballet
Birmingham Royal Ballet
The Fifth Season
Don Quixote (Basilio)
Nutcracker (Nutcracker Prince and Grand Pas de Deux Prince)
Stravinsky Violin Concerto
Études (excerpt; Principal Man)
The Little Mermaid (Edvard/The Prince)
Salome (originated role of John)
“. . .two united in a single soul. . .”
Optimistic Tragedy (Captain)
Symphony #9 and Chamber Symphony in Shostakovich Trilogy
Frankenstein (Victor Frankenstein)
La Cathedrale Engloutie (pas de deux)
La Sylphide (James)
The Two Pigeons (Gypsy Lover)
Agon (pas de deux)
Aladdin (Emeralds and Rubies)
Cyrano (Le Bret)
E=mc2 (originated role of Mass)
The Four Temperaments (Phlegmatic)
Hobson’s Choice (Salvation Army)
The Shakespeare Suite (Petruchio)
Stravinsky Violin Concerto
Still Life at the Penguin Café (Brazilian Wooley Monkey)
Take Five (originated)
Theme and Variations
Jeu de cartes (Broulliards)
The Taming of the Shrew (Petruchio)
Ghost Dances (Ghost)
Baiser de la Fée (originated)
The Nutcracker (Prince)
in the middle, somewhat elevated (Laurent)
Playlist (Track 1, 2) (originated)
Grand Pas Classique
Petit Mort (2nd pas de deux)
Wings of Wax
Elite Syncopations (“Friday Night”)
Manon (Des Greuix)
Romeo and Juliet (Benvolio and Lead Mandolin)
Song of the Earth (Messenger of Death)
Hans van Manen
Twilight Pas de Deux
The Letter V (originated)
Le Corsaire (pas de deux)
West Side Story Suite (Bernardo)
Centre and Its Opposite (originated)
The Brahms-Haydn Variations (3rd pas de deux)
In the Upper Room (Principal Stomper)
Bruch Violin Concerto (Red pas de deux)
Diana and Acteon (Pas de deux)
Ninette de Valois
Checkmate (Black Knight)
Stanton Welch after Marius Petipa
Paquita, Act 3 (originated)
Of Blessed Memory
Velocity, created in
The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra (originated role of Tuba)
Zodiac (originated role of Aries)
DGV (1st and 3rd pas de deux)
For Four (2nd, 3rd, and 4th movements)
- Nomination, Outstanding Male Classical Performance at Critics’ Circle National Dance Awards, 2018.
- Dance Europe Critics’ Choice for Outstanding Performance by a Male Dancer for William Forsythe’s Playlist (Track 1,2) and Approximate Sonata, 2018.
- Top 100 Dancers of the Year, Dance Europe, 2012.
- Dance Europe Critics’ Choice for Outstanding Performance by a Male Dancer for Arthur Pita’s Salome, 2017.
- Awarded the gold medal at the Seoul International Ballet Competition, Seoul, 2004.
- Won 1st Place, Young British Dancer of the Year, 2004.
- Encouragement Award, Prix de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2004.
- Performed at Canada All Star Gala Ballet, Toronto, 2017.
- Performed at Despertares Gala, Mexico City, 2017.
- Performed at Festival Napa Valley, Napa, California, 2016.
- Performed at Nijinsky Gala, Hamburg, Germany, 2015.
- Performed at Festival di Spoleto, Spoleto, Italy, 2012.
What has been your proudest moment as a dancer? Why?
I have a few, but dancing Oberon on opening night in John Neumier's A Midsummer Night's Dream
When I'm not working, I enjoy...
Chilling at a pool and going to the movies. I also love watching sports.
I love San Francisco because...
It's a great city that's full of character. It has a European feel to it, which reminds me of home.