The War Memorial Opera House is located at 301 Van Ness Avenue in the Civic Center and is easily accessible via public transportation.* San Francisco Ballet highly encourages patrons to use public transportation in support of the city's Transit First Policy. Keep in mind that parking in the Civic Center area is limited especially during performances.
In San Francisco
Outside of San Francisco
BART (650.992.2278). The War Memorial Opera House is a short walk from the Civic Center BART and MUNI station (see map below).
Driving directions from the Bay Bridge and Peninsula
Connect to 101 North toward Golden Gate Bridge. Exit 101 North/Mission Street. Turn slight right onto Mission Street/101 North. Follow 101 North as it veers left and becomes Van Ness Avenue. The Opera House is at the corner of Van Ness and Grove Street.
Driving directions from the Golden Gate Bridge
After crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, take Lombard Street exit. Follow Lombard Street to Van Ness Avenue. Turn right on Van Ness and follow it to Grove Street. The Opera House is at the corner of Van Ness and Grove Street.
View SF Ballet Public Transportation, Directions, and Parking in a larger map
Parking Areas in the Opera House Vicinity
(1) Civic Center Plaza Garage (840 spaces, underground) - 415.863.1537: entrance on McAllister between Polk and Larkin.
(2) Performing Arts Garage (620 spaces) - 415.252.8238: entrance on Grove, between Franklin and Gough.
(3) Fox Plaza (200 spaces): entrance on Hayes between Market and Polk.
(4) Self-Park Lot (93 spaces): entrance on Polk between Grove and Fell.
(5) Self-Park Lot entrance on Golden Gate and Franklin.
(6) Opera Plaza (120 spaces) - 415.771.4776: entrance on Golden Gate between Franklin and Van Ness.