Named in memory of the three brothers whose artistic vision pioneered San Francisco Ballet, the Christensen Society honors the most generous donors to our annual fund.
The support of Christensen Society members allows San Francisco Ballet to sustain its many ongoing activities: producing and performing a stellar season of dance; acquiring contemporary and classical works for our repertory; touring; training hundreds of young dancers in our School; and sharing the art form with underserved children and families throughout the Bay Area.
San Francisco Ballet in Wheeldon's Ghosts (© Erik Tomasson)
As a valued member of the Ballet family, each Christensen Society member enjoys personalized service from the staff and exclusive opportunities to see San Francisco Ballet from an insider's perspective. Rehearsals, receptions, and other behind-the-scenes events with artists of the Company are offered throughout the year.
As a Christensen Society member, you will enjoy privileges that will enhance your San Francisco Ballet experience. Membership includes the following benefits at the following levels:
Associate's Council (GIFTS OF $2,500 TO $4,999)
- Recognition of your contribution in all repertory season program books
- Opportunity to purchase reserved parking for your repertory season subscription
- Dedicated box office representative to handle all repertory season ticket exchanges, with access to seats held for members (subject to availability)
- Personalized "Welcome to the Season" packet including parking and event passes, calendar of important dates, and development officer contact information
- Invitations to attend special events:
- Christensen Society Pre-Performance Dinner Series during the repertory season
- Christensen Society worklight rehearsal observation and reception
- San Francisco Ballet Orchestra rehearsal observation or concert
- Members-only ballet history lecture
- Reception preceding a selected Pointes of View lecture
- Two dress rehearsals in the War Memorial Opera House during the repertory season with priority seating
- Reception preceding observation of Company class on stage in the War Memorial Opera House
- Priority handling of subscription renewals and upgrade requests
- Priority notice of single ticket availability for Nutcracker and repertory season
- Complimentary Season Guide and Backstage magazine
- Priority invitations to the annual Opening Night Gala, Fashion Show & Luncheon, and Student Showcase
- Invitations to join San Francisco Ballet on tour
Dancer's Council (GIFTS OF $5,000 TO $7,499)
All benefits of Associate's Council, plus:
- Exclusive access to the Jeannik Méquet Littlefield Intermezzo Lounge in the War Memorial Opera House during repertory season performances
- Invitation to attend an intimate studio rehearsal and reception with artists of the Company
- Invitation to observe advanced-level Ballet School students in class or during rehearsal
- Invitation to attend a San Francisco Ballet School Trainees' rehearsal or performance
Choreographer's Council (GIFTS OF $7,500 TO $14,999)
All benefits of Associate's Council and Dancer's Council, plus:
- Complimentary reserved parking for your repertory season subscription
- Complimentary invitation to attend a pre-performance Christensen Society Dinner
- Invitation to attend an additional studio rehearsal followed by a reception with artists of the Company
- Exclusive repertory season preview event and reception with artists of the Company
- Opportunity to visit a San Francisco Ballet "Dance in Schools and Communities" residency at a Bay Area public school (upon request)
Become a member of the Christensen Society today!
Click here for a schedule of donor events.
For further information, please contact Sarah Malashock, Christensen Society and membership manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.865.6624.